Cough, fever, dizziness, sore throat, cold, take some medicine. If you want to go to the hospital to treat a cold, many people will say that it’s too hypocritical. Xiao Zhang had a serious cold when she was 12 years old. Her parents also thought that taking some cold medicine was OK. Going to the hospital for infusion was antibiotics, which was not good for her children. However, this seemingly correct practice directly led to the emergence of rheumatic heart disease in Xiao Zhang 16 years later. Due to long-term delay in treatment, he was rushed to the hospital with sudden symptoms of heart failure.
A small cold, why can cause serious heart failure? What is the wind heart disease mentioned in the middle? How to prevent and improve?
1、 Appear cold symptom, careful is rheumatism heat!
Cough, fever, dizziness and sore throat are often the symptoms of common diseases such as cold, tonsillitis and pneumonia. Indeed, in many people’s eyes, it’s a humble disease, just take some medicine, but if the medication is improper or delayed treatment, it will aggravate the infection, cause rheumatic heart disease, and lead to heart failure.
The reason is that the cause of these diseases is actually rheumatic fever, that is, group A and B hemolytic streptococcus infection. This kind of infection is a kind of secondary immune reaction, which can cause the human body to produce the corresponding antibody and combine with the heart valve and myocardium to produce antigen antibody complex. We know that rheumatic arthritis is the manifestation of rheumatic fever involving the joints of patients. If rheumatic fever involves the heart valve and myocardium, then rheumatic heart disease, also known as rheumatic heart disease, will appear.
2、 The harm of rheumatic heart disease!
The onset of rheumatic heart disease is usually around 30 years old or older. The reason is that when you are young, you have an unremarkable infection. Generally, when you are 5-15 years old, you have an immune response, which involves the heart valve and myocardium.
In the time between infection and the onset of rheumatic heart disease, patients and normal people will not have abnormal symptoms. The reason is that the human heart has compensatory mechanism. Rheumatic fever causes heart valve and myocardial abnormalities. The heart can maintain basic heart function by accelerating heart rate and cardiac hypertrophy. For example, valve stenosis, blood flow resistance increases, the heart will have to work harder to contract and relax, in order to ensure that enough blood is pumped out, a long time will lead to cardiac hypertrophy.
As the immune response continues to attack the heart, the heart leaflets gradually thicken, contracture, calcification, atrium, ventricle, aortic valve, pulmonary valve will also be involved, the heart will gradually enter a state of decompensation, patients will have atrial fibrillation, heart failure, arrhythmia, heart failure and so on.
The main symptoms of patients with rheumatic heart disease are as follows
- Atrial fibrillation, pulmonary edema, hemoptysis, right heart failure;
2, Dohan, palpitations, cough, pink foam sputum, dyspnea, vertigo, angina pectoris;
- Right upper abdomen discomfort, edema, abnormal jugular vein pulsation, loss of appetite, nausea, belching, etc.
3、 Got wind heart disease to still have to save?
Timely intervention and treatment of rheumatic heart disease can generally be well controlled.
Drug treatment, according to the patient’s heart abnormalities targeted medication. If it is heart failure, consider using angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors such as captopril and benazepril; If it is atrial fibrillation, warfarin and other anticoagulants can be selected.
If the heart valve is seriously damaged, it is necessary to receive surgical treatment in time. For the valve with abnormal function, it can be repaired by valvuloplasty; For those that cannot be repaired, they can be replaced by biological valve or mechanical valve through heart valve replacement to ensure the function of heart valve, and anticoagulants should be taken for a long time.
4、 To avoid rheumatic heart disease and heart failure caused by a small cold, we should do the following!
- Pay attention to common “small problems” such as cold, laryngitis, gingivitis, tonsillitis, etc. under the guidance of doctors, penicillin must be used in time to eradicate infection if necessary. If allergic to penicillin, erythromycin can be replaced. Pay attention to the dosage of penicillin and erythromycin, do not abuse antibiotics, and ensure the eradication of rheumatic fever infection.
- People with high risk of rheumatic fever should pay attention to vaccination. Some people carry genes that make them more susceptible to rheumatic fever, so they can be prevented by vaccination.
- Improve the living environment. Daily living environment must be clean, well ventilated and suitable temperature. Good living environment can reduce the occurrence of rheumatic fever.
- Ensure nutrition and strengthen exercise. The diet should be supplemented with enough high-quality protein and fresh fruits and vegetables to ensure balanced nutrition. At ordinary times, attention should be paid to strengthening physical exercise to improve resistance and avoid cold.